Family Law & Child Protection
We understand that a marriage breakdown, breakdown of a long-term relationship or disputes surrounding children can be some of the most distressing experiences for an individual to go through. A distressing situation can be made even worse by trying to find a good family lawyer. It is essential that clear and comprehensive advice is available to you.
At Latta and Co Solicitors, our dedicated team of experienced family solicitors are on hand to offer just that. From the initial point of contact, we aim to handle your case with sympathy and understanding. We offer Private Legal Advice and Private fixed fee work, in addition to Legal Aid work where available covering all of the aspects of Family Law. We can assist in helping you find an amicable solution and negotiating agreements on your behalf. Where that is not possible, we offer litigation services and service Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland, as well as the Court of Session.
- Divorce – including Orders for financial provision and transfer of property
- Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Rights of cohabiting couples
- Separation Agreements – including regulation of matrimonial finances and sale/transfer of matrimonial property
- Child Residence and Contact disputes
- Grandparents rights
- Assumption of and Removal of Parental Rights and Responsibilities
- Child abduction
- Protective Orders – matrimonial Interdict and Non-Harassment orders
- Variation of pre-existing Court Orders
Involvement with Social Workers, or in the Children’s Hearing System is often seen as an unjustified or unnecessary intrusion into the private life of families and their children.
We understand that this can be a very distressing time. We aim to provide an engaging service with an emphasis on sensitivity and expediency. We offer services on a Legal Aid basis and for those who do not qualify, we offer competitive private fee rates.
- Social Work Involvement
- Children’s Hearings
- Appeals from Children’s Hearings
- Applications for Permanence or Adoption
Our expert solicitors specialising in this area are:
Choose 'in person' or ' Skype/FaceTime'
DO YOU QUALIFY
FOR LEGAL AID?
Get in touch to find out if you qualify for FREE legal advice through Legal Aid Scotland.
Click below to view all the legal services we offer. If there’s anything else you need, please get in touch.
We speak a variety of languages in-house, and also have access to a large team of interpreters who speak various languages.
If you are unable to visit our office, then we may be able to assist with a consultation online – using Skype, FaceTime, or some other platform.
CALL US TODAY ON 0141 222 2185