REPRESENTATIVE & BUSINESS VISITOR
Experienced & fully accredited team of specialist immigration solicitors.
We have worked on thousands of successful immigration cases.
FIXED FEE CONSULTATIONS
We offer initial fixed fee consultations – please contact us for more details.
FAST & PROFESSIONAL
As experienced immigration solicitors we provide a quick and effective service.
Representative of an Overseas Business Visa Solicitors Glasgow, Scotland
What is Representative of an Overseas Business Visa?
You can apply through the representative of an overseas business visa if you are from outside the EEA and Switzerland and you are either:
- the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company
- an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK
This category provides a good opportunity for both the representative and the company to develop their business in the UK. The initial visa duration is 3 years and it is possible to extend the visa for up to 2 further years if you meet the eligibility requirements. The representative can bring his/her family with him/her to the UK as well.
- route for those recruited and employed outside the UK to come to the UK to set up a UK branch or wholly owned subsidiary of an overseas parent company (sole representative); or as an employee of an overseas media company posted on long term assignment to the UK
- can bring family
- must have SELT at least A1 level (a beginner level)
- must meet maintenance requirements
- visa valid for 3 years
- possible to extend for 2 years
- this route can lead to settlement
How do you establish eligibility for this visa?
As a sole representative of a company that wants to extend their business to the UK, you must:
- be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
- have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
- hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
- intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, e.g. a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
- must meet the basic standard in English language (Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR) level A1 in speaking and listening)
- tuberculosis test results are required if you are from a designated country
Contact our business immigration solicitors in Glasgow, Scotland today
Choose 'in person' or ' Skype/FaceTime'
DO YOU QUALIFY
FOR LEGAL AID?
Get in touch to find out if you qualify for FREE legal advice through Legal Aid Scotland.
Click below to view all the legal services we offer. If there’s anything else you need, please get in touch.
We speak a variety of languages in-house, and also have access to a large team of interpreters who speak various languages.
If you are unable to visit our office, then we may be able to assist with a consultation online – using Skype, FaceTime, or some other platform.
CALL US TODAY ON 0141 222 2185