TOURIST & SHORT STAY VISA
Experienced & fully accredited team of specialist immigration solicitors.
We have worked on thousands of successful immigration cases.
FIXED FEE CONSULTATIONS
We offer initial fixed fee consultations – please contact us for more details.
FAST & PROFESSIONAL
As experienced immigration solicitors we provide a quick and effective service.
Medical Treatment Visa Solicitors Glasgow, Scotland
Who can apply for a Medical Treatment Visa?
The Standard Visitor Visa has replaced the previous Private Medical Treatment Visitor Visa. If you intend to come to the UK for private medical treatment or organ donation, you need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa to enter the UK.
How long can you stay?
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
However, if you come to the UK for private medical treatment then you might be able to stay up to 11 months.
What are the eligibility requirements of a Medical Treatment Visa?
There are the standard Visitor Visa requirements where you must always show:
- you will leave the UK at the end of your visit
- you can support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
- you can pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit
- you have proof of any activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules
For people who apply to visit for private medical treatment
Apart from meeting the general requirements, you must also prove that you:
- have a medical condition that needs private consultation or treatment in the UK
- have made or paid for arrangements for consultations or treatment
- have enough money to pay for your treatment
- are not a danger to public health if you are suffering from an infectious disease, such as leprosy
For people who apply as an organ donor
You can only visit the UK to donate organs to:
- a family member who you are genetically related to (for example your sibling or parent)
- someone you have a close personal relationship with (for example your spouse or friend)
You must prove that the person you are donating an organ to is legally allowed to be in the UK.
Medical Treatment Visa Extension
If you are receiving private medical treatment in the UK, you can apply to extend your visa for a further 6 months if you:
- have paid for any treatment you have already had in the UK
- can and will pay the further costs of your treatment
- continue to meet the eligibility requirements
You must also get a medical practitioner or NHS consultant who is registered in the UK to provide:
- proof of arrangements for your private medical consultation or treatment
- a letter saying how long your treatment is likely to take
- details of the progress of your treatment, if it is already started
Contact our medical visa solicitors in Glasgow, Scotland today
Choose 'in person' or ' Skype/FaceTime'
DO YOU QUALIFY
FOR LEGAL AID?
Get in touch to find out if you qualify for FREE legal advice through Legal Aid Scotland.
Click below to view all the legal services we offer. If there’s anything else you need, please get in touch.
We speak a variety of languages in-house, and also have access to a large team of interpreters who speak various languages.
If you are unable to visit our office, then we may be able to assist with a consultation online – using Skype, FaceTime, or some other platform.
CALL US TODAY ON 0141 222 2185