Pricing & Transparency
Pricing & Transparency
In line with the transparency guidance issued by the Law Society of Scotland, Latta & Co. is proud to publish the following information about typical costs for various categories of consumer immigration work, with the aim of helping the public make informed choices about who to instruct.
Why should you instruct Latta & Co?
If you are considering instructing us, then we would highlight that we are a high quality immigration firm with substantial experience in the area. You can be reassured that your case will be dealt with by highly professional and competent individuals, who have the resources and support of our extensive team.
In terms of size and client base, we are the largest immigration firm in Scotland. Our solicitors regularly represent clients in all aspects of immigration law and have a wealth of experience in the area. We are well suited to provide a professional and personalised service to you or your business, ensuring that your immigration matters are solved with minimal disruption and stress.
However, this does not mean that our fees are the most expensive you will find. Our ethos is to provide exceptional service for a fair price. We understand the pressures facing families, businesses, and entrepreneurs today and have set our fees accordingly. We believe that our price list represents good value given our experience; quality of service; speed and efficiency; reliability; and success rate within our various areas of practice.
The following sets out a list of our costs. Please note this list is indicative, and cost will always be determined following an examination of your individual circumstances.
Breakdown of hourly solicitor rates
- £75 & vat per hour – paralegal/ trainee
- £150 & vat per hour – Restricted Solicitor/ Solicitor/ Senior Solicitor
- £180 & vat per hour – Associate/ Senior Associate
- £200 & vat per hour – Director
Please note, these are standard hourly rates. More detailed information is set out within our client engagement letter.
Hourly costs may be negotiable where a number of meetings are arranged. This will depend on an individual assessment of your case by the relevant solicitor.
One-off consultation costs
We offer a consultation session with our team of up to 30 minutes based on the prices listed above. For example, a 30-minute consultation with one of our solicitors would normally cost £75 plus vat. These consultations can either be conducted face-to-face; via telephone; or via zoom/ FaceTime/ skype/ WeChat etc.
This consultation option does not include any written advice or follow up queries. However, should you book an initial consultation with us, and thereafter decide to instruct us to assist with a substantive piece of work relating to your initial enquiry within the following 3 months, then the consultation cost will be discounted from your overall fixed fee cost.
Typical/ Average examples of fixed fee work
The following examples are an estimate of our anticipated fees for common case matters where we regularly provide assistance. If the subject is not listed, then please feel free to contact us to discuss in more detail.
The costs have a range which takes into account matters such as complexity, urgency, immigration history and personal circumstances. The simplest of cases will be at the bottom of the range, where scanning and uploading of documents will be undertaken by the applicant. Standard cases will usually fall in the middle of the cost range. All costs will be properly explained to you prior to proceeding.
The preparation and submission of immigration applications, and representation in those cases at appeal hearings, are core aspects of our work. By way of example, we provide the following fee information for common types of cases:
Immigration applications for individual applicants
Estimated price range covers both initial application and extension – please contact for more specific detail.
Where there are additional family members applying at the same time, we may be able to offer a reduced cost for these additional applications.
Please note that VAT may not be payable on certain cases.
- Application for a partner / spouse/ child – fees range between £750 to £1500 plus vat
- Entry clearance application for an adult dependent relative or child – fees range between £1500 to £2000 plus vat
- Visitor visa – fees range between £500 to £1500 plus vat
- Application for Settlement (family or long residence) – fees range between £750 to £3000 plus vat
- Application for Settlement (Investor or work routes) – fees range between £750 to £4000 plus vat
- Application for Settlement (following 5 years’ status as a refugee) – £500 plus vat
- Naturalisation or registration as a British citizen – fees range between £750 to £1500 plus vat
- Start-up/ Innovator (Tier 1) – fees range between £1000 – £3000 plus vat
- Global Talent (Tier 1)– fees range between £1000 – £3000 plus vat
- Investor (Tier 1) – fees range between £2000 – £4000 plus vat
- Skilled worker (Tier 2) – fees range between £750 – £1500 plus vat
- Student (Tier 4) – fees range between £750 – £1000 plus vat
- Temporary worker (Tier 5) – fees range between £750 – £1000 plus vat
- British National Overseas Visa (BNO) – fees range between £750 – £1500 plus vat
- EU Visas – fees range between £500 – £1500 plus vat
- EU settled status visas – fees range between £250 – £750 plus vat
Immigration applications for Businesses
- Sponsor Licence for business – fees range between £1500 – £3000 plus vat
- Overseas Representative visa – fees range between £1000 – £3000 plus vat
For agency representation please contact us directly to discuss costs
- Representation at a First Tier Tribunal appeal – fees range between £1000 to £3000 plus vat (one witness – there may be additional costs where there are several witnesses)
- Representation at Upper Tribunal appeal – fees range between £500 to £2000 plus vat
- Representation at Bail hearing before the First Tier Tribunal – fees range between £250 to £500 plus vat
- Drafting grounds of appeal to either FTT or UT – fees range between £250 to £1000 plus vat
- Travel Document – fees range between £250 to £500 plus vat
- Notarisation of documents – £75 plus vat for up to 5 sides of A4 (contact us for larger cases)
- Affidavit for immigration cases – fees range between £150 – £350 plus vat (depending on length and complexity)
Procedure for instruction
During an initial client meeting, you will be provided with an overview of the work required in your case, as well as a breakdown on the pricing structure. If you decide to proceed, we will then set out a projected timeline for completion of the instructed work and will request a payment on account for some of the legal costs we have estimated. Please remember that 3rd party organisations like the Home Office can be unpredictable in their decision/ response times.
Normal procedure is 50% payment to account at the start of the case, with the remaining balance payable prior to the final work being completed.
We adopt a collegiate approach to our work, which means that lawyers of varying experience, from paralegals to qualified solicitors, may work on your case at different times. We will make clear in our client engagement letter who is responsible for your file.
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how
considering the supporting evidence provided;
- Preparing your application and detailed covering representations, and where relevant submitting it on your behalf;
- Providing you with advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take;
- All consultations; collating and reviewing of evidence; and correspondence with you and relevant 3rdparties as agreed at the outset of your case.
Please note that the detailed work included within the above costs will clearly be set out to you after the initial meeting. If there is additional work incurred outside of the agreed schedule, then you may be liable for additional fees. This will clearly be explained to you at the start of your case, and is also set out in our client engagement letter.
What’s not included
- All costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees, interpreter fees, court fees, medical and other expert reports. We will always provide you with a quote for such services before incurring costs on your behalf.
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
Terms of business
Full details of the above are contained in more detail within our terms of business.
As previously stated, the above is a list of average costs for cases where we regularly provide assistance. If you have a matter that is not included on this list, then please contact us to ascertain whether we are able to offer a fixed fee service.
Choose 'in person' or ' Skype/FaceTime'
DO YOU QUALIFY
FOR LEGAL AID?
Get in touch to find out if you qualify for FREE legal advice through Legal Aid Scotland.
Click below to view all the legal services we offer. If there’s anything else you need, please get in touch.
We speak a variety of languages in-house, and also have access to a large team of interpreters who speak various languages.
If you are unable to visit our office, then we may be able to assist with a consultation online – using Skype, FaceTime, or some other platform.
CALL US TODAY ON 0141 222 2185