FAMILY & SPOUSE
Experienced & fully accredited team of specialist immigration solicitors.
We have worked on thousands of successful immigration cases.
FIXED FEE CONSULTATIONS
We offer initial fixed fee consultations – please contact us for more details.
FAST & PROFESSIONAL
As experienced immigration solicitors we provide a quick and effective service.
Visa to Marry
A marriage visitor visa allows you to wed or enter a civil union in the UK. However, it’s important to note that a marriage visitor visa requires that you do not intend to permanently settle in the UK once you have tied the knot. If you are looking for legal advice tailored to your circumstances, get in touch with our team today.
How long can you stay with a marriage visitor visa?
A marriage visitor visa lasts for six months, during which time it is assumed you will marry or enter a civil union with your partner. At the end of the six months, you must leave the UK and return to your country of origin or residence. For those who intend to settle in the UK, you should apply for a fiancé(e) visa instead.
What are the eligibility requirements for a marriage visitor visa?
- You and your partner must be over 18
- Your application for a marriage visitor visa must be made from outside the UK
- You must be free to give notice of marriage, to marry or to enter a civil partnership within six months of your arrival in the UK
- You must be in a genuine relationship
- You must be visiting the UK for less than six months, and you must leave at the end of this period
- You must be able to support yourself during your trip or be supported by someone else. (Note that you will not be able to work whilst in the UK, except for certain permitted activities related to overseas work or business)
- You must be able to afford your return journey to your country of origin or residence
Contact our Marriage Visitor Visa Specialists in Glasgow, Scotland
We have the legal expertise to help those looking to apply for a marriage visitor visa. At Latta & Co, our team of immigration specialists will utilise our knowledge and experience to give your visa application the best chance of success. For personalised advice, speak with a member of our team today on 0141 222 2185 or use our online contact form below.
Choose 'in person' or ' Skype/FaceTime'
DO YOU QUALIFY
FOR LEGAL AID?
Get in touch to find out if you qualify for FREE legal advice through Legal Aid Scotland.
Click below to view all the legal services we offer. If there’s anything else you need, please get in touch.
We speak a variety of languages in-house, and also have access to a large team of interpreters who speak various languages.
If you are unable to visit our office, then we may be able to assist with a consultation online – using Skype, FaceTime, or some other platform.
CALL US TODAY ON 0141 222 2185