EMPLOYEE & BUSINESS VISA
Experienced & fully accredited team of specialist immigration solicitors.
We have worked on thousands of successful immigration cases.
FIXED FEE CONSULTATIONS
We offer initial fixed fee consultations – please contact us for more details.
FAST & PROFESSIONAL
As experienced immigration solicitors we provide a quick and effective service.
Tier 2 General Visa Solicitors in Glasgow, Scotland
What is a Tier 2 General Visa?
Tier 2 of the Points-Based System is the route which enables UK employers to employ nationals from outside of the resident workforce to fill particular jobs which cannot be filled by settled and national workers. There are two main sub-categories in this Tier 2 visa – Tier 2 General and Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer.
The Tier 2 (General) category is suitable for overseas workers who have an offer of a skilled job that cannot be filled by a settled worker, including applicants coming to the UK to fill shortage occupations.
- route for people coming to the UK with a skilled job offer to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled or native worker
- must have a job offer at a certain level of skill or above and which pays the appropriate salary
- cannot own over 10% of shares in the recruiting company unless salary is above £159, 600
- maintenance and English language requirements apply
- can bring family
- initial period of up to 5 years 14 days or the time on your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) plus 1 month, whichever is shorter
- extension to a maximum of 6 years is possible
What are the eligibility requirements of this visa?
You need to:
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
- show you are being paid an appropriate salary for your job
- prove your knowledge of English
- have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK – £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- tuberculosis test results are required if you are from a designated country
- provide a criminal record certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, if you’ll be working with vulnerable people
Contact our Tier 2 Visa Solicitors in Glasgow, Scotland today
Choose 'in person' or ' Skype/FaceTime'
DO YOU QUALIFY
FOR LEGAL AID?
Get in touch to find out if you qualify for FREE legal advice through Legal Aid Scotland.
Click below to view all the legal services we offer. If there’s anything else you need, please get in touch.
We speak a variety of languages in-house, and also have access to a large team of interpreters who speak various languages.
If you are unable to visit our office, then we may be able to assist with a consultation online – using Skype, FaceTime, or some other platform.
CALL US TODAY ON 0141 222 2185